Library Space is Community Place! LPL strengthens people and neighbourhoods by creating connections that enrich lives, inspire discovery, foster creativity, and expand possibilities.
London Public Library, through its network of 16 branches located throughout the city, is a dynamic and innovative library system that provides accessible, relevant, high quality library services that make a difference in the lives of Londoners. Located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the midpoint between Windsor and Toronto, London has a population of more than 350,000 and is an ideal place to call home.
Join the Library team as our new Permanent Full Time:
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE, WOLF PERFORMANCE HALL & SPACE RENTAL SERVICE
Reporting to the Coordinator, Wolf Performance Hall (WPH) and Space Rental Services, the Account Representative, Wolf Performance Hall and Space Rental Services is responsible for the development and implementation of a publicity and promotion plan for the rental of the WPH and Library spaces. S/he is responsible for event contracts, event planning and coordination, and assists in overseeing events in the WPH and system wide meeting spaces. This position works collaboratively with others and builds positive relationships with internal and external clients to contribute to the achievement of the Wolf Performance Hall and Space Rental Services department. This positon also demonstrates leadership behaviours and actions consistent with the Library’s purpose statement, values and strategic goals.
1. Publicity, Promotion and Sales
- Under the direction of the Coordinator, Wolf Performance Hall & Space Rental Service the incumbent works with the Coordinator and the Marketing & Communications Department to develop and implement a publicity and promotion plan for rental of the Wolf Performance Hall (WPH) and Library space to expand business opportunities and maximize sales revenue for venue rentals.
- Explores and utilizes new and emerging methods of customer engagement.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications Department and Information Technology Services to develop and maintain a strong online presence for the WPH and room rental information.
- Promotes the WPH and Library space in the community and with Library strategic alliances, such as Tourism London, London Convention Centre.
- Develops leads and identifies potential customers; contacts to promote the WPH and Library space.
- Attends relevant networking events in order to solicits new business and conducts outbound sales calls
- Attends relevant industry events and trade shows.
2. Client Relationships
- Working with the Coordinator, Wolf performance Hall & Space Rental Service cultivates, develops, builds and maintains relationships with key meeting and event planners, and performing arts and music personnel.
- Provides exemplary service to internal and external customers.
- Provides a full range of client supports, including provision of estimates, development of scope and format of events, bookings, contract completion, customer satisfaction review and follow-up, etc.
- Communicates risk management policy and procedures relating to space use.
- Meets with clients and other groups as required to organize and coordinate bookings.
- Finalizes client requirements including room setup, required event personnel, etc. Refers clients to other staff to continue and complete the rental process as appropriate.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries about WPH and meeting space rentals and bookings.
- Serves as a key customer service point of contact to answer questions or resolve concerns/disputes between clients and the Library over the WPH and meeting spaces.
3. Financial & Records Management
- Provides input into and executes sales plan for revenue goals plan.
- Creates, maintains and provides statistical reports relating to WPH and space/room bookings.
- Under the guidance of the Coordinator, Wolf Performance Hall & Space Rental Services, monitors assigned budgets and expenditures.
- Maintains, updates and retains legal written documentation/agreements in accordance with library documentation and record retention policies and procedures.
4. Operational Excellence
- In conjunction with WPH and Space Rental Service assistant, maintains event/space booking system entries and data, including a client database.
- Handles and secures cash, credit card and debit transactions accurately, collecting, recording and reconciling fees and payments, following Financial Services policies and procedures.
- Attends events in progress in the WPH and meeting spaces as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Coordinator, Wolf Performance Hall & Space Rental Services.
- Provides box office support to internal and external clients as needed.
- Provides program registration support, involving financial transactions related to Wolf Performance Hall/Space rentals.
6. Teamwork & Collaboration
- Ensures strong, positive working relationships with all Library departments.
- Works closely with team members to ensure accuracy of all bookings and rentals, and that events run smoothly.
- Works cooperatively with Audio Visual Services Supervisor, Information Technology and Facility Services staff to ensure that space, furniture and equipment are in top condition and fully functional.
- Works with Security Supervisor to ensure that security staff are appropriately booked to support client events.
- Liaises with Communications & Marketing Department regarding all aspects of marketing and communications for the WPH and room rentals.
- Post-secondary diploma in marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years demonstrated successful events and sales experience.
- Superb customer service focus with effective relationship building and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task and work accurately while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with computer technology, including specialized events booking systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license recommended.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications by December 23, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at: http://www.londonpubliclibrary.ca/
No phone calls please.
The London Public Library will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes upon request consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA regulations.
Applicants for employment, who have been provided with a conditional offer of employment will be asked to provide, at his or her own expense, a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check and/or Police Information Check, as applicable.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
How to Apply: