Case Manager/ Counsellor
Full-time ongoing 35 hours (includes evening and weekend work)
Salary $39,500 to $42,999
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) is a volunteer driven, non-profit, community-based organization serving London/Middlesex and the surrounding counties of Perth, Huron, Elgin, Oxford and Lambton. RHAC brings people together in partnership to provide leadership in education, support, and advocacy to meet the challenges of HIV/AIDS/HCV. By respecting human dignity and diversity, Regional HIV/AIDS Connection creates an atmosphere of trust which enables people living and affected by HIV/AIDS/HCV to make informed choices. Our philosophy includes adherence to the GIPA Principle, Principles in Harm Reduction, Holistic Health and Civil Society.
Reporting to the Director of HIV Support Services, the Case Manager / Counsellor works within a collaborative and integrated approach across key programs that serve our diverse client base. The Case Manager/Counsellor is primarily responsible for the provision of direct services to people with/affected by HIV/AIDS/HCV to address issues of personal health and well being, and to improve access to appropriate community services. They will identify the individual and collective needs of clients and develop and implement services, programs and activities to address those needs based on an empowerment and harm reduction model. Case Management services will also be provided to individuals residing at John Gordon Home with a primary focus on ensuring individuals are engaged in securing stable housing well before discharge using a housing first model.
- Conduct client intakes and needs assessments to determine client centered areas of focus
- Provide counselling, individual advocacy and case management services to clients (on and off site)
- Provide practical assistance to clients as appropriate
- Develop and facilitate social support groups
- Work with diverse communities including multicultural populations
- Deliver services to PWID and hard to serve populations
- Ensure related case notes, data and tracking is complete and accurate
- Liaise with other agencies to improve access to services for clients
- Deliver presentations, workshops & activities specific to the impact of HIV/AIDS/HCV on those with/affected by the virus
- Represent RHAC on related committees and working groups
- Two years experience as a counsellor and/or case manager
- Completion of relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in social work, social sciences
- Sound knowledge and practice of Harm Reduction philosophy
- Comprehensive understanding of HIV/AIDS/HCV & related psycho-social issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the Housing First approach
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work well independently
- Certification in Crisis Prevention and First Aid and CPR an asset
- Strong computer skills\
- Valid Driver’s license with regular use of a reliable vehicle for work-related duties
- Ability to work flexible hours as outlined by service delivery priorities
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, July
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build an inclusive
workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the community we live in. To this end, we encourage
applications from persons living with HIV/HCV, members of GLBMSMT2S communities, individuals
from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, members of diverse ethno-cultural communities, and
persons with dis/abilities.
We appreciate all submissions, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
No phone calls please.