Meals on Wheels London is a not for profit organization providing volunteer supported meal and transportation services to adults with disabilities and seniors.
Financial and Admin Manager– Part Time 25-30 h/ week
The Financial and Admin Manager (FAM) is responsible for the overall accounting function, complying with all Government regulations, reporting standards and reporting requirements. The FAM participates in budgeting initiatives, working within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization. The individual, along with the Executive Director prepares the annual budgets. The FAM also administrates provincially designated funds for the Personal Support Worker Education Program to external organizations as per the funding parameters established by the province through the funding agreement. As part of the Leadership Team the FAM assists to design workplans and strategic initiatives of the organization. All office management including facilities, procurement of office resources and managing the Finance/Admin team are key accountabilities. The FAM represents Meals on Wheels London in a professional manner at all times.
- Education: A minimum of a college diploma in accounting. Preference to those with more advanced training (eg: working toward CGA, other accounting training), but the right combination of education and experience will be considered
- Work Experience: 2+ years relevant accounting experience
- This position requires excellent excel and other general computer skills. The accounting software and spreadsheets can be complex to maintain and use efficiently, and the data (eg: chart of accounts) is much larger than some organizations
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with not for profit accounting and government reporting
- Experience with Great Plains and HRIS
- Bonus qualifications:
- Other useful technical skills that can be brought to our organization
- Experience working with complex database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, ability to see patterns, make projections and do forecasting
- Manage work load and respect time lines
- Ability to oversee, supervise and delegate work
- Experience with accounting software (Great Plains) and High-level competence with Excel
- Understanding of Ministry of Health language, reporting requirements and tools.
- Flexible, innovative, collaborative team player required
- Risk management and practical insight for implementation
- Alignment with Meals on Wheels London’s Vision and Mission
Submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Sarah Campbell, Executive Director