- Assists with preparation and organization for Foundation events, as required. Attends events as an ambassador for Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre, Children’s Health Research Institute and Thames Valley Children’s Centre.
- Assists with administrative and data entry support i.e. reception, data entry inputting and clean-up, drafting correspondence/research, meeting logistics, and vacation relief as required.
- Works effectively within the staff team environment, ensuring colleagues receive pertinent information regarding all areas of the role, in a timely fashion.
- Carries out further responsibilities as required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office; knowledge of database software is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communications, written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team worker and problem solver
Guidelines and Guidance
- The Foundation Assistant reports to the Chief Development Officer and works with staff, donors and volunteers.
- Accessible to peers, fellow staff members and volunteers, funding partners and relationship managers in participating organizations.
- Work is governed by policies and procedures of the Foundation.
Judgement is exercised in…
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information pertaining to the operations of the Foundation, Hospital other partner organizations, e.g. CHRI, TVCC and associated organizations and their respective staff members, through correspondence and/or discussions.
- Facilitating effective working relationships regarding deliverables and responsibilities.
- The ability to participate as a Team member.
- The nature of the work is such that evening and some weekend work is required for attendance at Foundation events on approval of the supervisor. Compensation in the form of time in lieu will be authorized by the supervisor and must be pre-approved.
- Travel may be required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car. Mileage will be reimbursed at $0.40/km. All expenses must be pre-approved and will be reimbursed through regular Foundation processes.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a confidential letter of application and resume to by 9 am on Friday, April 28, 2017. Please quote “Summer Student Position” in the subject line.