The Quality Research Assistant will support the London-Middlesex Quality Initiative Team in the areas of quality, innovative collaboration and collective impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Professional Learning Coordinator on special projects;
- Gather perspectives on measurement tools and frameworks to determine community based solutions for quality approaches to ensure meaningful participation for our community;
- Explore differentiated approaches and various strategies needed to ensure perspectives from a variety of diverse cultural backgrounds and programs on reserves are priorities;
- Cultivate information sharing opportunities among educators.
Preference for a student in a post-secondary program related to one of the following: Early Childhood Leadership, Early Childhood Education, or Research Development, Policy and Advocacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of practices and ideologies that support continuous quality improvement
- Understanding of various approaches to support questioning, researching and reflection
- Ability to engage and influence inter-professional collaboration
- Knowledgeable in collecting and analyzing data and the development of resources to improve practice
- Good computer skills including word processing, updating social media and innovative communication strategies
- Excellent time management and organization skills
Priority will be given to visible minorities, First Nations individuals and those speaking a second language. Childreach welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This is a summer position - 30 hours per week for 7 weeks starting July 10, 2017. Eligible candidates will be post-secondary students who will be returning to fulltime studies in Fall 2017.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at Childreach, 265 Maitland St., London, ON by Friday, June 2, 2017 at 4 p.m. Please identify job title and indicate attention: Human Resources.