RELIEF CRISIS COUNSELLORS
Violence Against Women Services Elgin County offers 24 hour safety, emergency shelter, and counselling for women and children. Each and every woman and child in need is able to count on our services in Aylmer, St. Thomas, and West Lorne. Help is immediate, informed, respectful, and compassionate. Each year over 2,000 people find the help they seek.
We are seeking highly skilled people with a warm and welcoming presence to join our agency as Relief Crisis Counsellors. You are ensured a minimum number of scheduled shifts per week and additional unscheduled shifts are also available to fill.
The following qualifications apply:
- Post-secondary degree in social services
- Work experience in a residential setting and related social service field
- Sound analysis of the issue of violence against women including its impact on both women and children
- Demonstrated skill and experience in crisis intervention and short term counselling practice
- Excellent case management abilities, sound clinical judgment, and strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of criminal and family law and the local coordinated service response pertaining to women who have been abused and their children
- Proficiency in office computer programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Commitment to the agency vision, mission, values, and service models
It is necessary to have the ability and desire to work autonomously and as part of a team in a woman-centered organization. Clear Criminal Reference Check, current CPR/First Aid certification, valid driver’s license, and access to a reliable vehicle are mandatory. It is necessary to work a variety of shifts including nights to support 24 hour service delivery. Please forward your resume via email by noon on Tuesday March 26th to Deisy Vanegas, Program Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.