LOCATION: Winchester Public School, 110 Winchester Street, Woodstock ON N4S 7K6
ORIENTATION: June 2018 *other planning dates to be determined
START DATE: July 3, 2018
END DATE: August 24, 2018
HOURS: 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 27, 2018- 4:00 p.m.
Good Beginnings Day Nursery is looking to hire Summer Day Camp Educators for our Sports Summer Camp! The successful candidates will work collaboratively with the rest of the Summer Camp team to; plan and implement the weekly sports activities for the camp, observe the health and well-being of each child through daily health checks, and supervise children in the program at all times to ensure safety.
We are seeking friendly, energetic and engaged individuals that have a love of sports and who possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator, Recreation and Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Educational Support Worker, or Elementary Education-Primary division, or a related field of study in Sports or Health Sciences with at least 1 year completed
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
- Current Criminal Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good Beginnings
- Current immunization and initial medical evidence of good health
You will be required to adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act. Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening, and non-verbal are essential. Based on our curriculum, understanding of the following resources is required;
- How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the early years.https://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/HowLearningHappens.pdf
- Think Feel Act: Lessons From Research About Young Childrenhttp://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/ResearchBriefs.pdf
- Ontario’s Renewed Early Years Child Care Policy Framework http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/renewed_early_years_child_care_policy_framework_en.pdf APPLICATION PROCESS:Please submit your resume as well as a cover letter that answers the questions below:
- Please share what you will be able to offer the children during their camp experience.
- If applicable, please share what you enjoyed most about your summer camp experience(s) as a child.
- What activities would you want to do if you had the opportunity to relive your childhood and attend camp? Imagining that you are a child, what would you want your camp Educators to provide for you at camp?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Edina Usanovic, Human Resources and Communications Assistant: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.