Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Hemophilia Ontario is governed by a Board of Directors, with representation from Regional Councils and Directors-at-Large. The Board operates under the Policy Governance model, focusing on goals and outcomes rather than day-to-day operations. Board engagement with the broader community is critical to ensure the organization is working towards outcomes that reflect current community needs.
Board membership might be a good fit, if you would like to:
- Focus on organizational priorities;
- Help craft organizational values and policies;
- Monitor Board performance, development, and continuity;
- Initiate policy that reflects the needs of the community;
- Contribute toward achieving Hemophilia Ontario’s strategic goals:
o Care and Treatment for All
o Education and Support
o Building a Strong and Cohesive Organization
Board meetings are held by teleconference, approximately eight times per year, lasting 1-2 hours each. There may be an additional 3 in-person meetings held each year, lasting 1-2 days each, with transportation and accommodation costs covered by the organization.
The Nominating Committee will consider nominees qualifications and experience and how they may help Hemophilia Ontario accomplish its priorities in developing a slate of recommended nominees for Director at Large positions.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Significant governance experience in the Not-For-Profit sector outside of the Canadian Hemophilia Society
• Significant expertise in Stakeholder Engagement, Communications, Accounting, Law, or Health-Care advocacy
Are you interested in other leadership opportunities?
Participation in Hemophilia Ontario Regional Councils or Committees is a great way to contribute to the organization and community goals. There are also event-specific volunteer opportunities available.
To express interest in joining the Board of Directors, or learn about other volunteer roles available in your area, please contact Shelley Hewett Chair of Nominations by March 31st, 2018 email@example.com
- Board Member