Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Ever wondered how you can make a big impact in your community and help your neighbours access the services and connections they need to live a vibrant and healthy life?
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us with our emergency services at the NWLRC. Emergency services volunteers work directly with residents, helping them with our emergency food cupboard program as well as assiting them with navigating our social service system, connecting them to other programs and services they might be in need of -- for instance, connecting residents to housing services or Goodwill for employment services and in an non-judgemental way, ensure they have access to the information they need. A position like this is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience in the not-for-profit sector.
If you have a passion for helping others and want to be part of a friendly team of staff and volunteers dedicated to helping people in Northwest London neighbourhoods, please contact us for a volunteer application!
- Our volunteers provide a welcoming presence as the first point of contact at the Centre where no one leaves without their next step
- Learn about local youth, community programs & connect with residents
- Assist clients with referrals and access to emergency food without judgement
- Assist with maintenance of the food cupboard, managing donations and general office upkeep
- Volunteers must be able to commit reliably to 1 shift per week for a minimum of 6 months
- All training is provided
Available shifts/help needed: Mondays 9:30am-12pm & 1-4pm, Tuesdays 9:30am-12pm & 1-4pm, Wednesdays 1-4pm and Fridays 9:30am-12pm
New volunteers must be able to attend a volunteer training session and must be willing to obtain a criminal records check.
Next volunteer training sessions:
- Tuesday, August 29 from 5pm-7pm at NWLRC office
- Wednesday, August 30 from 1:30pm-3:30pm at NWLRC office
- Upcoming September training session TBD
- Leadership Development
- Reception / Administration